Going beyond the basic features of Google Forms, this intermediate session takes a deeper dive into the more flexible and complex features of Google Forms. These include creating various assessment tools, adding images to increase student accessibility, providing real-time feedback, and collecting and analyzing student data. The presenter will model ways to use Google Forms when teaching English learners at any proficiency level in synchronous and asynchronous remote classes.
Please note: This course will take place in Blackboard where you will find all virtual session information, course materials, and additional resources. You cannot access the online course from the SABES website. You will receive an email with further instructions as the course date approaches.
- Teachers of adult English learners at all proficiency levels
- ESOL teachers with experience using Google Forms (See 1/24/23 session on Google Forms for Beginning Users)
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
During this 2-hour Zoom session, you will explore in detail some of the most useful features of Google Forms for synchronous and asynchronous remote ESOL instruction in order to:
- Develop learner activities that foster interaction and collaboration
- Create different types of questions (multiple choice, true/false, short answer) to assess learning
- Add images and videos for accessibility
- Convert forms to quizzes and change settings for automating grading and feedback (summative assessment)
- Create sections for real-time feedback (formative assessment)
- Access students’ responses and collected data for analysis and interpretation
- Share with learners how they can use these features for their own purposes
The presenter will model ways to use Google Forms with English learners at any proficiency level so that they are able to access class activities and perform the above tasks.
- You will need to have access to a Gmail account for this training. If you do not currently have a Google account, you can create one for free. (https://www.google.com)
- This session will be held on Zoom. Although Zoom is mobile-friendly, you will greatly enhance your experience by participating from a laptop or desktop computer.
- We will email you the Zoom link a few days before the session.
- Develop Google Forms, add YouTube videos, and manage settings to create engaging and accessible activities and assessments
- Apply a three-step process to framing tasks (setting the context; carrying out the task; wrapping up the tasks) to create student- centered activities for synchronous and asynchronous learning
- Use Google Forms to provide feedback to learners and collect assessment information
- Guide learners in using Google Forms to engage in classroom activities and to meet their needs beyond the classroom
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
By registering for this intermediate level Google Forms session, you are acknowledging an understanding of the concepts covered in the Beginner session:
- Creating forms from templates or a blank quiz
- Adding and deleting items in a form
- Adding titles and images to questions
- Formatting questions and changing question settings
- Using the Send feature to invite people to fill out the form
If you are not familiar with these concepts, please register for the Beginner session on January 24, 2023.