Are you looking for ways to lead efforts among your staff and students to fully integrate digital literacy into teaching and learning? Do you wonder how to move your learners beyond digital literacy toward digital resilience? If you’re trying to move the dial at your program on digital literacy, this professional learning opportunity is for you!
In this new two-part workshop, we will address a range of leadership issues to help you develop and implement a comprehensive, effective approach for building your staff and students’ digital literacy and resilience.
From the most basic elements, such as how to maintain an equipment inventory, to more complex issues like evaluating staff readiness and effectiveness, you will consider a range of issues that are needed to effectively plan your next steps.
We will address the issue of student access to devices and connectivity, including the importance of moving toward device ownership. In addition, we will consider how planning for professional development and continuous improvement can help your team meet program, staff, and student goals.
Following this webinar, you will engage in a collaborative, online community of practice to complete a planning project (estimated to take up to one hour, depending on pace) to address a goal you and your staff develop for your program’s digital literacy development. Our Digital Literacy PD Specialist Diana Satin will be available to work with you one-on-one to provide customized coaching that supports your process.
Note: After you register, Ruzica Banovic (email@example.com) will send you a confirmation email with information on how to join this online session.
Questions? Contact Diana Satin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- New program directors, coordinators, and technology staff in MA DESE-funded programs who want to understand the leadership issues related to working with staff and students to build effective digital literacy programs and practices
- Experienced directors, coordinators, and technology staff in MA DESE-funded programs who want to learn more about a structured approach to digital literacy planning
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This workshop is intended to support program leaders in understanding the leadership issues related to fully integrating digital literacy into teaching and learning.
Part 1: Workshop (Online Facilitated Webinar)
During this first session, we will discuss key leadership issues such as:
- Creating a student-centered approach by promoting equitable access (including managing device inventories), choice, and relevance
- Promoting a strengths-based approach to assessing and supporting staff and student readiness
- Developing a plan to integrate digital literacy based on staff and student needs and goals
Part 2: Planning and Community of Practice (Online Facilitated in Moodle)
Following the workshop, the recorded webinar and the slide deck will be posted online in Moodle along with a discussion forum for each topic. To support our collective efforts and learning:
- You will share your expertise by identifying and describing one topic that s a strength for your program.
- You will also choose one topic that's an area you would like to strengthen and, with the support of the presenters and other participants, you will generate an approach to address it. We will offer customized, one-on-one coaching to support your progress.
- Summarize ACLS policy and Indicators of Program Quality (IPQs) relevant to digital literacy
- Select strategies for identifying and addressing digital literacy needs of staff and students
- Describe two staffing models that address digital literacy programming
- Identify and prioritize a first step digital literacy goal and then draft a plan that focuses on that need
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: