This workshop will focus on effective techniques and strategies for teaching pronunciation in the ESL classroom and best practices for correcting students’ pronunciation errors.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Teachers of adult English language learners who would like to expand their repertoire of pronunciation teaching techniques.
This workshop will focus on effective techniques and strategies for teaching pronunciation in the ESL classroom. We will explore various ways to integrate these strategies into the content of the classroom. Some activities and games will be introduced to support explicit pronunciation instruction. We will also include how to decide what aspects of pronunciation to teach, as well as which pronunciation features may be taught at each level. In addition, the workshop will include a discussion of best practices in correcting students’ pronunciation errors.
Approximately six weeks after the face-to-face workshop will be a 1.5 hour follow-up webinar to support you in applying what you’ve learned. The webinar will be facilitated by the workshop presenter, and participation is expected.
If you have questions about this workshop, please contact Dori McCormack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Assess and prioritize the pronunciation needs of students
- Apply a variety of tools for teaching pronunciation and correcting pronunciation errors
- Become familiar with classroom activities that create awareness and improvement of learners’ pronunciation
- Gain knowledge regarding what pronunciation instruction is best for a given level