This workshop is designed to help you as you continue to refine your program’s ESOL scope and sequence. You are asked to come with at least one colleague from your program and to bring copies of your program’s “work-in-progress” along with any questions you might have.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- ESOL practitioners who are participating in their program’s curriculum development
In this hands-on workshop, you will continue to develop your ESOL program's scope and sequence with guidance from SABES ESOL professional development providers. A presenter will first review the essential elements of an ESOL scope and sequence, including alignment to the MA ESOL Curriculum Framework and the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE). Following the brief review, you will work in real-time on your program's scope and sequence using a template and other materials provided. ESOL PD facilitators will circulate among the participants and provide individualized guidance and support.
For more information, contact Dori McCormack at email@example.com
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Identify the components of a curriculum scope and sequence and explain the importance of each and their relationship to one another
- Use a template for developing an ESOL scope and sequence for one class level
- Apply relevant features of a sample ESOL scope and sequence to your own curriculum
- Recognize the role of the ESOL Curriculum Framework and CCRSAE in driving both the scope (what is taught) and sequence (in what order)
Participants are asked to come in teams of at least two, and to bring the ESOL scope and sequence materials that they have been working on in their programs.