This two-part workshop focuses on effective techniques and strategies for teaching pronunciation in the ESOL classroom and on best practices for correcting students’ pronunciation errors.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Teachers of adult English language learners who would like to expand their repertoire of pronunciation teaching techniques
- Explore various ways to seamlessly integrate pronunciation instruction into the content of your classroom
- Learn new activities and games that support explicit pronunciation instruction
- Determine what aspects of pronunciation to teach and which pronunciation features should may be taught at each level
- Discuss best practices in correcting students’ pronunciation errors
Approximately one month after this session, the workshop presenter will facilitate a one-hour follow-up webinar to support you in applying what you’ve learned. Your participation in this webinar is expected.
- Face-to-Face Session: March 3, 2018, 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Webinar: March 24, 2018 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
If you have questions about the workshop, please contact Dori McCormack (email@example.com).
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Assess and prioritize your students’ pronunciation needs
- Apply a variety of tools for teaching pronunciation and correcting pronunciation errors
- Become familiar with classroom activities that create awareness and improvement of learners’ pronunciation
- Gain knowledge regarding what pronunciation instruction is best for students at a given level
We recommend that participants take the workshop on the Components of Language before taking this workshop.