This is the second session of the Planning for Continuous Improvement PD series. Participants must complete the series in its entirety, so to register, please visit the the first session posted on the SABES calendar on March 16.
- Both novice and experienced program directors, as well as members of their teams they designate, who wish to engage in an inclusive continuous improvement planning process that accelerates students’ learning and outcomes
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This multi-session PD event is comprised of three initial face-to-face PD sessions, in between which you will develop and implement a continuous improvement team, process, and plan in your program. In this second session, you will learn how to support your program team in evaluating the strengths and limitations of multiple qualitative and quantitative data sources in order to select appropriate resources that are relevant to your individual program improvement needs and goals. You will be introduced to methods that effective leaders use to find, analyze, and share data with various audiences to inform continuous improvement efforts.
Throughout this process, you will benefit from networking and shared learning across programs. In addition to customized coaching from SABES presenters to support your individual program goals and needs, you will give and receive feedback from peer partners. Each program will share its final plan, progress, accomplishments, and reflections with colleagues at a fourth and final PCI Summit networking session in FY21.
The PCI PD is designed to be of adequate intensity and duration to promote meaningful program change. Program directors are expected to attend all sessions and complete this PD in its entirety. You are welcome to include additional members of your planning team throughout the PD and coaching process. You will only register once via the calendar for this first session, which will automatically register you for all other PCI sessions.
Schedule: Please see the attachment at the end of the calendar posting for more details and descriptions for each session.
- Preparing to Plan: March 16: 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Leading with Data for Continuous Improvement: April 27: 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Developing a Continuous Improvement Plan: May 18: 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- PCI Summit (FY21): Reflecting on the Planning Process and Plan: November 2020, date TBD by the group
- Identify at least five types of data that are essential for a specific planning process.
- Identify at least five appropriate and valid sources of relevant data.
- Analyze program performance data, draw conclusions, make hypotheses, and identify at least three areas for improvement.
- Identify gaps in data and design processes to collect the data.
- Use various formats to present data for varied audiences and purposes.
- Identify processes to formalize the ongoing collection and use of data within the program.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
Valley Opportunity Council
35 Mt. Carmel Ave. 3rd floor
Chicopee, MA 01013