This is the third session of the Planning for Continuous Improvement PD series. Participants must complete the series in its entirety, so to register, please visit the the first session posted on the SABES calendar on March 16.
- Both novice and experienced program directors, as well as members of their teams they designate, who wish to engage in an inclusive continuous improvement planning process that accelerates students’ learning and outcomes
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This multi-session PD event is comprised of three initial face-to-face PD sessions, in between which you will develop and implement a continuous improvement team, process, and plan in your program. In this third session, you will learn a process for developing and prioritizing goals, objectives, action plans, and indicators of success as the basis of a continuous improvement plan that is designed to promote meaningful change and that strengthens instruction, learning, and student outcomes
Throughout this process, you will benefit from networking and shared learning across programs. In addition to customized coaching from SABES presenters to support your individual program goals and needs, you will give and receive feedback from peer partners. Each program will share its final plan, progress, accomplishments, and reflections with colleagues at a fourth and final PCI Summit networking session in FY21.
The PCI PD is designed to be of adequate intensity and duration to promote meaningful program change. Program directors are expected to attend all sessions and complete this PD in its entirety. You are welcome to include additional members of your planning team throughout the PD and coaching process. You will only register once via the calendar for this first session, which will automatically register you for all other PCI sessions.
Schedule: Please see the attachment at the end of the calendar posting for more details and descriptions for each session.
- Preparing to Plan: February 5: 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Leading with Data for Continuous Improvement: March 5: 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Developing a Continuous Improvement Plan: April 23: 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- PCI Summit (FY21): Reflecting on the Planning Process and Plan: November 2020, date TBD by the group
- Analyze at least three specific sources of data to inform the development of meaningful program improvement goals.
- Use an inclusive process to prioritize focus areas for a goal.
- Develop a SMART continuous improvement goal.
- Align objectives and activities to the goal.
- Write at least one indicator of success for a goal and three measurable benchmarks for an objective.
- Identify at least three potential pitfalls in the planning process and develop a strategy to deal with each.
- Chart a process and timeline for monitoring and evaluation of the plan.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
Valley Opportunity Council
35 Mt. Carmel Ave. 3rd floor
Chicopee, MA 01013