Please note: Registration for this webinar is now full, so we are in the process of planning a second session, which will be held in March as soon as we can arrange it. Please check back here; we will update the second date here as soon as possible, hopefully no later than Wednesday or Thursday (3/18 or 3/19). Thank you for your patience.
Everyone is concerned about the increasing spread of the corona virus and preparing for how this evolving situation may impact our programs, staff, and students. The fear of infection may keep students away, or your agency may decide to ask employees to work from home and temporarily close the program. Decisions about how to proceed may be made by others and beyond our control.
Fortunately, there are alternatives to holding face-to-face classes, but it’s important to prepare now so staff and students will be ready when and if these decisions are made. To help programs prepare for this possibility, the SABES Program Support PD Center (Digital Literacy) is offering this webinar to help teachers prepare to provide instruction online using the free, online USA Learns curriculum.
In addition to this webinar, our presenter will be available to work with you individually and respond to questions you might have following the webinar as you begin to onboard staff and students.
- We are offering a webinar for ABE teachers on Google Classroom on March 23 at 12:00 p.m.
- Importantly, both Google Classroom and USA Learns can be used to complement your face-to-face instruction, regardless of whether or not your program chooses to suspend face-to-face classes.
- Program directors and teachers who want to understand how USA Learns can be used to teach students online
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
In this 90 minute webinar, we will review the basics of using USA Learns with ESOL students so teachers can begin to plan for teaching online. The webinar is designed to help teachers to:
- Create online accounts and classrooms
- Onboard students
- Find lessons and track student progress
- Engage and support students in online learning
- Track attendance and participation
We will also share some other tools that you might want to consider using.
We want to remind you that USA Learns offers a good option for increasing access and intensity, whether or not your program needs to temporarily close.
Prepare to use USA Learns to teach students at a distance
Prepare students to use USA Learns for remote learning
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: