SABES, the Massachusetts adult education (AE) professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registrations, resources, AE job board, video development, and SABES promotion
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner organizations resources and events
What's New at SABES
In this workshop, we will use sample classroom dialogue to identify expectations that we communicate to students. We will consider how a safe environment and valuing students as learners influences...
This course consists of six modules: Self-Assessment with the Massachusetts Professional Standards for Teachers of Adult Education Student Engagement High Expectations and Meeting Diverse Needs...
We will begin our discussion with a general check in before sharing best practices, ideas, and resources for gathering volunteer feedback and engaging volunteers in planning for student, volunteer...
In this 90-minute discussion, you will learn about the SABES PD system, get to meet each of the five centers' directors, and hear about the many types of PD, customized coaching, and other supports...
Check Out the SABES Calendar of Events
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
The Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline
Looking for an Adult Education job in Massachusetts?
Search available jobs or post openings.