RESOURCES FOR REMOTE INSTRUCTION
- General tips for preparing for remote activities with adult learners
- Engaging math web sites for adult learners
- Math manipulatives for remote instruction
Math truly is all around us and opportunities to apply it to real-world issues and situations are plentiful. We often forget that disciplines like history, social studies, civics, and science all have natural overlaps with math. We've compiled a list of web resources that provide rich situational contexts that can provide a cross-discipline backdrop for some meaningful mathematic activities and conversations. Choose from the list below to learn more about the resources as well as our suggestions for lesson topics and activities.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Facing History and Ourselves
- The World Bank
- Project Implicit
- 2020 Women's Vote Centennial Initiative
- Christa McAuliffe's Lost Lessons
- Data about the Gender Pay Gap
- National Geographic Perils of Plastic
- Math in Art
- The New Nutrition Facts Label
EMPOWER MATH SERIES
For those of you who use the EMPower and EMPower Plus books, here are some resources.
More to come!
- Mixing in Math free activities