Is there excitement in your lessons? This tutorial will look at a variety of resources and web tools you can use to engage your learners, touch on a variety of learning styles, and much more. Whether you are in a 1:1 environment where each learner has a device, or an in-person class where the instructor can display their device, these strategies and tools can help boost your ELA instruction and learner involvement. Complete the brief knowledge check in order to receive PD credit for 2 hours.
- Instructors and tutors seeking online tools to impact student learning and integrate digital literacy with classroom instruction
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
Infobase Learning Cloud is a new collection of free video tutorials for educators, some of which are especially handy during this period of remote instruction.
Four tutorials will be showcased over six weeks. Register for one or all four:
- Engaging ELA Lessons Using Multimedia (2 hours) [March 22–April 4]
- Nearpod in the ELA Classroom (3.5 hours) [April 5–30]
- Tech for ELA Students with Learning Disabilities (1 hour) [April 17–25]
- Online or Hybrid ELA Class Design (1.5 hours) [April 26–May 2]
Note: Infobase Learning Cloud tutorials are available through Blackboard and cannot be accessed from the SABES website. You will receive a separate email from Joanne Harrington at Quinsigamond Community College with instructions on how to access the course.
- Identify and explain the benefits of tools that support online instruction
- Explain how to integrate certain online tools into classroom instruction
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: