Is your program exploring a hybrid model or, possibly, a fully online program for next year? This tutorial explores quality course design and strategies to engage learners in an online environment. Experts discuss best practices in building online and hybrid courses. Complete the brief knowledge check in order to receive PD credit for 1.5 hours.
- Instructors and tutors seeking online tools to impact student learning and integrate digital literacy with classroom instruction
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
Infobase Learning Cloud is a new collection of free video tutorials for educators, some of which are especially handy during this period of remote instruction.
Four tutorials will be showcased over six weeks. Register for one or all four:
- Engaging ELA Lessons Using Multimedia (2 hours) [March 22–April 4]
- Nearpod in the ELA Classroom (3.5 hours) [April 5–30]
- Tech for ELA Students with Learning Disabilities (1 hour) [April 17–25]
- Online or Hybrid ELA Class Design (1.5 hours) [April 26–May 2]
Note: Infobase Learning Cloud tutorials are available through Blackboard and cannot be accessed from the SABES website. You will receive a separate email from Joanne Harrington at Quinsigamond Community College with instructions on how to access the course.
- Identify and explain the benefits of tools that support online instruction
- Explain how to integrate certain online tools into classroom instruction
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: