The Program Support PD Center team is excited to collaborate with ACLS to coordinate access to trainings and resources for Aztec. Resources The...
Workplace and educational technology ecosystems are continuously expanding and evolving, so teachers and students alike need to be nimble, lifelong learners. In order to provide ample opportunities to build their students' digital literacy and resilience skills, teachers need strong foundational digital literacy skills and the capacity to creatively draw on them to craft meaningful instructional activities.
The Program Support PD Center provides PD and information on user-friendly, free, and low-cost educational technology tools, as well as an understanding of the optimum conditions, audiences, purposes, and practices for using them effectively.
We welcome your input on PD that you would find helpful. If you have questions or would like additional support, please contact our Digital Literacy PD Coordinator Diana Satin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESE-funded Online Products
The Program Support PD Center team collaborates with ACLS to coordinate trainings for DESE-funded online products. To access information about upcoming trainings, resources, and support, please go to the customized webpage we have created for each product.
You can find and register for workshops on the SABES Calendar by typing the name of the product (e.g., Newsela, EnGen) in the "Title" field.
You can learn more on each custom page for:
We are excited to work wtth you! if you have any questions or need additional support, please contact Kathleen_oconnell@worlded.org.
To request seats in any of these online products, please complete this form.
PD "On Demand": Anywhere, Any Time!
You can access asnychronous, previously recorded PD events at your convenience on our On Demand PD site. PD is organized by seven strands:
- Advising and Communication
- Digital Literacy
- DESE-funded Online Products
- Distance Education: Planning and Protocols
- Distance Education: Tools and Products
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Program Management
Digital Literacy and Resilience Resources
Please be sure to check out our:
- Digital Literacy Resources page, which includes links to the four ACLS-recommended digital literacy frameworks.
- Distance Education Resources page, which includes resources for Zoom in seven languages and the Distance Education Planning Template.
- Digital Literacy Online Discussion Padlet with resources organized by topic.
- Zoom Resources page, with links to our 7-minute Zoom Tutorial video and Zoom Student User Guides and videos in six languages.
- This session on Digital Literacy and Distance Education in Demanding Times: Resources from SABES and our Partners. This workshop (recorded) will connect you with two of our amazing partner organizations and their many great, free resources focused on distance education and blended learning, as well as the digital literacy necessary for educators and students to be successful.
Meet the ACLS and SABES Digital Literacy Advisory Group
In FY23, ACLS and SABES have convened a new Digital Literacy Advisory Group to inform our planning. You can find more information and learn about the members of this group here.
Digital Literacy: Upcoming Events
For Staff: Yes, You Can! Build Your Own Digital Literacy Skills—December Orientation (Online Facilitated)
Growing digital skills isn’t just for learners! Strengthening your digital skills can unlock new tools and resources to grow and...
Have you participated in a Yes, You Can! Build Your Own Digital Literacy Skills orientation? Then this meeting is for...
Did you know that the Massachusetts Aztec platform has been restructured so that program administrators have more autonomy over their...
Digital Literacy: Resources, Research and Curriculum
This PPT from our MCAE digital literacy listening session includes the links to post to the Jamboard by 5/12/23.
Meet the new FY23 Digital Literacy Advisory Group members and a digital literacy tool they use.